Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's finally final.

I gave notice at work last week. July 16 will be my last day at work here in Greensboro. I didn't have too long to dwell on it as I spent my July 4th vacation in Virginia, D.C., and Maryland with a few friends.

We walked around the capitol area, saw the White House and enjoyed some fireworks in the District. We also enjoyed excellent service at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Alexandria, VA. In Maryland we celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Democratic Republic of Congo by attending a couple soccer games, snacking on delicious Congolese treats from the grill, and dancing at a few concerts. I've never slept so little in a 4 day/3 night time period, but it was totally worth it.

Returning back to Greensboro was quite the wake up call. I have a bit over a week left at work, and so much to wrap up before my last day. I'm confident I can get it done.

It's all bittersweet, but I really am happy knowing that I'll be starting work in Raleigh soon (I go for "training" this weekend).

Now all I need to do is finish packing. Yeah, I know. Good luck with that, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment